Section 1: e-Equality and prevention through emotional intelligence
The main ideas to be taken into account in the section “e-Equality and prevention through emotional intelligence” are the following:
- The gender gap is present in the access to and use of new information technologies, which means that women may have fewer digital skills.
- These lower digital skills have dire consequences, as they can undoubtedly have an impact on access to better paid jobs, for example.
- The use of new technologies, virtual spaces and social networks is an opportunity to create online content about the reality of the gender gap to reach a wide audience.
- Adult Education has an essential role (as does education in general) in this matter, as creating online learning spaces based on equality is a priority to promote gender equality.
Aims of the course
The aims of the section “e-Equality and prevention through emotional intelligence” are the following:
- Be aware of the gender gap in ICT access and skills.
- Be aware of the gender gap in digital skills for new job opportunities.
- Know how to design and develop online learning spaces with an equity approach, through emotional intelligence competences.
- Develop awareness-raising campaigns on gender equality through social networks.
- Lectures 6
- Quizzes 1
- Duration 10 weeks
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 3
- Assessments Yes