Section 1: Developing Emotional Intelligence Competencies
The main ideas to be taken into account in the course “Emotional Intelligence” are the following:
- Can understand the concept of Emotional Intelligence in Adult Education and its impact
- Can understand how Emotional Intelligence links to issues on Gender Equality
- Can define the key components of Emotional Intelligence including: Self-Awareness, Self-Management, Social Awareness, Relationship Skills and Responsible Decision Making
- Can identify own levels of Emotional Intelligence and how this relates to issues of identity.
Aims of the section 1
The aims of the course “Emotional Intelligence” are the following:
- Recognize and name their own and others’ emotions
- Explain the relationship between professional, intellectual, and technological abilities and emotional intelligence
- Establish positive personal relationships and manage stressful situations
- Assess own and others’ differences and needs
- Apply equivalence and collaboration principles working in a team
- Create family emotional and psychological well-being
- Develop own personality by building a mutually beneficial relationship
Section 2. Benefits derived from competencies in emotional intelligence
The main ideas to be taken into account in the course are the following
1. Emotional competencies are essential for the full development of people in all areas of their lives, such as work, social relations, community and personal life.
2. By implementing the methodologies for managing difficult emotions and feelings, we will learn to create emotional well-being, adequately express difficult emotions and feelings.
3. The following topics are essential: clarity of roles, forming attitudes for change, communication, relationships, emotional security, the importance of inner dignity in the couple.
4. It is important to develop a focus on emotional wellness outcomes and provide openness.
Aims of the section 2
The objective of this section is:
- Improve the emotional intelligence of adults and identify the advantages of emotional education.
- Lectures 14
- Quizzes 2
- Duration 10 weeks
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 8
- Assessments Yes