Through the Looking Glass – A Guide to Empowering Young People to become Advocates for Gender Equality
In 2013, The National Women’s Council of Ireland created and undertook a 6-month project in secondary schools and youth projects.
The learning from this project has led to the development of a Toolkit aimed at any person working with young people in an informal or formal education setting. It aims to increase the knowledge, confidence and understanding of practitioners to plan and deliver gender equality training.
Although the Toolkit is aimed at practitioners working with young people, much of the information and resources could be used with an older audience.
The Toolkit is organised into 4 key areas:
1. What is Gender? – Provides background information on gender and gender equality
2. Getting going on Gender – Provides detailed guides to gender-based activities on a range of different issues
3. Taking Action – Provides advice on working with young people to become advocates for gender equality
4. Policy and your organisation – Provides step-by-step guides on gender proofing policies and creating a gender equality policy within an organisation
- Type of fileDocument Website