Social and Emotional Intelligence (SEL) Approaches
Research has shown that social and emotional development can be fostered, and social and emotional skills, attitudes, and behaviors can be taught using a variety of approaches:
• Free-standing lessons designed to enhance students’ social and emotional competence explicitly.
• Teaching practices such as cooperative learning and project-based learning, which promote SEL.
• Integration of SEL and academic curriculum such as language arts, math, social studies, or health.
• Organizational strategies that promote SEL as a schoolwide initiative that creates a climate and culture conducive to learning.
This paper describes SEL approaches as provided by CASEL
- CategoryMethodologies and pedagogical approaches
- Type of fileWebsite