Regulations for Gender Equity in Labor Market
From 2004 and onwards, many innovative regulations have been imposed to promote Equity between women and men in the labor market. Among them, the most important are:
• Women and men should be equally treated at work (like salary, social insurance, professional development), taking into consideration the special needs of each gender.
• Maternity benefits have been introduced: e.g. The employer is not allowed to dismiss women employees during her pregnancy and for the period of 18 months after birth.
• After childbirth women can legally attend belatedly at work and departure earlier by 1 hour.
• Women and men should be equally treated in access to employment.
• Incidents of Gender Inequality are being legally punished.
• Vulnerable women that have been exposed to trafficking are eligible to obtain work and residence permit
- CategoryPolicy papers
- Type of fileDocument Website