International Women’s Week- Trinity College Dublin & International Women’s Day
An annual festival hosted by Trinity College Dublin which celebrates women’s achievements and promotes gender equality.
International Women’s Day 2021 took place on March 8th and focused on the theme of the Visibility of Role Models. The half-day event included the following talks:
– The Visibility of Role Models in STEM
– The Visibility of Role Models in Trinity College Dublin
– The Visibility of Role Models in Work and Life
– New Insights in Social Sciences
On International Women’s Day 2019, the Minister for Justice and Equality announced Ireland’s ratification of the Council of Europe’s Convention on preventing and combatting violence against women and domestic violence (The Istanbul Convention). The Convention is a significant legal instrument which requires the criminalisation/ legal sanctioning of different types of violence against women.
- Type of fileDocument Website