Centre for Equality Advancement
For more than 10 years, the Centre for Equality Advancement has challenged stereotypes to increase safety. They organize informational campaigns, advocacy, provide training courses and seminars, publish articles, manuals and other publications, carry out research, provide expertise on the themes of gender equality, diversity and human rights.
Objectives of the organization:
• To strive for the establishment and implementation of equal rights for women and men;
• To promote equal opportunities, reduce the manifestations of discrimination in carrying out preventative activities on the grounds of discrimination established in the Law on Equal Opportunities of the Republic of Lithuania;
• To develop public respect for diversity, awareness of human rights and intolerance of discrimination based on sex, ethnic (“racial”) origin, religion, disability, age, and sexual orientation;
• To change the negative stereotypical image of women and men, age groups, national, ethnic minorities, the disabled and other social groups in society;
• To develop and popularize the ideas of gender equality, to strengthen the personal economic independence of women and men.
- CategoryTools and resources
- LanguageEnglish Lithuanian
- Type of fileWebsite